By Vishakha Nehe
There are plenty of ways to earn money online but Twitter is unique being one of the most popular social networking platforms used by businesses and individuals.
You will be amazed after knowing the factsheet of Twitter. Twitter was created in March 2006 and launched in July 2006 by four American Entrepreneurs. The first tweet was sent on March 21, 2006 by Jack Dorsey, the creator and CEO of Twitter. It took over 3 years, until the end of May 2009, to reach the billionth tweet. Today, it takes less than 2 days for one billion tweets to be sent.
Every second, on the average, around 6,000 tweets are tweeted on Twitter. Check live data, which corresponds to over 350,000 tweets sent per minute, 500 million tweets per day and around 200 billion tweets per year, 330 million monthly active users (MAUs).
The top 3 countries by user count on Twitter outside the U.S. are:
- Japan (49.1 million users)
- India (17 million)
- Brazil (15.7 million)
As per the reports, there are 262 million International Twitter users (users outside the U.S.) out of which 42% of users use Twitter at least once a day.
If you are searching about how to make money on Twitter then you are at the right place. Today, Hobo.Video is going to tell you about 9 effective tips by which you can monetize your Twitter account. But to get your Twitter account monetized, you need to create your Twitter profile first and afterwards build your followers.
Step A: Become an Influencer on Twitter
1. Create a Killer Twitter Account
This is the very first and important step.
- Profile photo – can be yours or of your company brand
- Cover picture – should be more relatable to your account
- Twitter handle (user name) – can be your name or your company name
- Engaging bio – which provides an intro about your page and is more engaging and crisp
- Link to your website / blog / youtube account / the other social media handler
2. Start Growing your Followers
Until and unless you do not have a follower base your tweets won’t get much engagement. So, to grow your followers organically, consistency is the key.
- Start following people as per your niche
- You need to be active multiple times a day
- Post content(Pictures or Videos) regularly as per your niche
- Interact with related users by retweeting, liking, and commenting their tweets
- While posting any content on Twitter, use hashtags as per your niche.Always use hashtags to widen your reach so that your post could be searched by the audience
- Use @mentions
- Ask people to follow you on Twitter via sharing message / via promotion on social media / email signature / via link your Twitter handle in bio of social media
- Ask question as per your niche
- Start tweeting about your hosted contest
- Pin a Tweet so that you can get an attention from your niche
Now, when you have a good follower base, you can start earning from Twitter.
Step B: Start Earning
3. Sponsored Tweets
First of all, what are sponsored tweets?
In simple words Sponsored Tweets is to earn money via just sending out a tweet.
If you do have a large engaging follower base then companies would like to contact you for their brand / service / product and via showcasing that company, you can earn money from Twitter.
If you are looking for companies to pay for tweets so there are two ways:
- Either you can reach out by yourself or
- Few online platform like Hobo.Video can help you to connect with companies with your favourite brand
Hobo.Video is a social commerce platform driven by short videos. It is a vernacular fun video-based localized community. A video driven marketplace for Gen Z and millennials. It helps content creators earn money on Twitter via an engaging video commerce ecosystem. You get a share in the revenue from the sales you generate. Hobo.Video gives the highest percentage of revenue share to their creator. You can make money on Twitter by becoming a VIP member on Hobo.Video for free. Read about how you can earn from Hobo.Video
So, it is a win-win situation.
4. Get the whole Analytics of your Twitter account
Insights are very important for any account if you want to monetize from your Twitter account.
Via Twitter Analytics you can go in deep and deep, what went wrong and which strategy worked for you so that you can improve and make money from your Twitter account.
To get the whole insight, you do not need to go anywhere. Just click on here. You can get to know everything e.g. increment / decrement in your followers, rate of your Tweet impressions, how many profile visits you had, tweet highlights, your mentions, etc.
5. Run a Giveaway by Collaborating with Brands
Running a giveaway on Twitter is a fast, beneficial and powerful way to engage your audience, boost awareness and drive meaningful actions. To set up a Twitter giveaway are often as simple as Tweeting about your campaign and telling users how they will enter.
You can reach out to your niche and ask them to enter by following you as being a brand on Twitter, liking, retweeting or replying to your Tweet, or even tweeting with a designated hashtag. It is up to you how you ask users to enter in your giveaway. There are several ways you’ll pick winners for your giveaway, and we’re getting to take you through all the simplest methods you’ll use.
Few Rules Before Running A Giveaway
- Set your goal
- Increase your followers
- You want spread awareness of your brand
- Increase engagement
- You want gain traffic at your website
- Keep it simple and real
- Tell your audience about the prize
- Who can enter and how people can enter
- What are the restrictions, rules, terms & conditions
- Start and Closing date with time
- When the winner will be announced
- What will be the source of announcement
- Yes, you heard right. Promote your giveaway via social handlers as much as you can
- You can send emails
- You can whatsapp people
- Word of mouth is new and very effective now these days
- Announce a genuine winner – You can announce your winner via:
- Following – who is following you Twitter
- Linking – who like your tweet
- Retweeting – who retweet your tweet
- Random number generator
- Hashtags – where users will enter by tweeting with a designated hashtag
- Replies – where users can reply to a tweet of your tweet
- Follow up with winner and other participants
- Congratulate the winner via tweet or small video streaming
- Thank you message to all the participants via retweet / small video streaming / via email / send them some small participation gift like coupons
- Tell the audience about your numbers of the giveaway
- All these steps will create the authenticity of your brand and your audience will be loyal to you
You can use following these techniques as well if you are running a giveaway:
- Running an opt-in giveaway – where you will run your giveaway with a 3rd party app
- Running a giveaway on your website or specific page or your big social handlers like Instagram, YouTube Channel, Facebook etc…
Now, Are you ready to gain this experience?
6. Use Twitter Owned Tool ‘Revue’ And Get Paid
Building an email list is all about to collect the correct email addresses as per your niche. However building an email list is a little slow but an effective process. On Twitter, you can import email lists free. Twitter has acquired Revue, a service that makes it free and easy for anyone to start and publish editorial newsletters. By Revue, you can activate the paid newsletter option, which lets subscribers pay to receive special issues of your newsletter.
Via collecting email addresses, you can start with email marketing campaigns
Few key points which you need to remember:
- The bigger your email list, the more attractive the benefits.
- The bigger your email list, the more engagement you will get
- Be little patience otherwise if you will try to go fast your audience can start unsubscribing you, so patience is very important in this phase.
Step C: Build Fortune from Twitter
7. Promote Affiliate Products on Twitter
I know you must be having this question, what the hack is affiliate marketing?
Let me tell you about affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You discover a product you wish , sell to others and earn a bit of the profit for every sale that you simply make. Hobo.Video is a premier global destination for creators and a social commerce platform driven by videos where millions of generation Z influencers, resellers, buyers and friends are connecting and interacting with each other to make a perfect purchase with the help of community driven recommendations.
In simple language, Hobo.Video is an online video shopping platform for multi-category products where a lot of influencers and resellers are coming on the platform making creative and interesting short videos and tagging products at hobo which are there in the video and posting the content over their social platform to make the purchase happen by their followers.
8. Create Twitter Ads For Companies
To promote a sponsored post which is trending.
Twitter Ads are ordinary tweets purchased by advertisers who want to reach a wider group of users or want to grab engagement from their existing followers.
In every other respect, Promoted Tweets are:
- Just like regular tweets
- Can be Retweeted, replied to, liked, and more
- Are clearly labeled as “Promoted”
- Start Twitter Ads with https://ads.twitter.com/
9. Promote Your Own Products
If you have a store setup, you can start earning money on Twitter via promoting your own products. If you don’t have your own store and want to avoid the stress and burden of web development and inventory, you can take help from companies like Hobo.Video to have your own store and supply in seconds.
Few key points via following them you can start selling your own products:
- First of all, add the link of your store in your bio
- When you launch a new product, simply post on Twitter with great design / picture / video
- Send reminders to your followers
- To reply relatable thread and where you find your TG
- You can promote your product with discount coupons
Twitter can be a great way to monetize online. However, in today’s world, it’s not the only option . You can grow with other platforms which are also very big giants like Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook, Chingari and earn your regular income with the help of platforms like Hobo.Video.
Grow on all platforms because your influencers are word wide and can not be limited to one platform so read the articles and stay tuned for more informative articles to grow and do not forget to leave your feedback in the comment section or email me at [email protected]