By Gunjan Chandok
Irrespective of the size and scale of a business whether it is a small business or a multimillion-dollar corporation, creating quality video content is one of the best ways to reach your target audience. Developing and flourishing from the huge popularity of musical.ly (now TikTok), many apps have risen like Moj, Josh, and even Instagram Reels. The social media presence of ones’ organization can be enhanced with an objective to increase user engagement by creating:
1. Animated videos
3. Video ads
4. Other social media graphics
“Humans are incredibly visual and powerful, moving images help us find meaning… [and] video helps capture and contextualize the world around us.”- Dan Patterson.
Video is one of the best tools to take your business to the next level, according to many social media marketing experts. For instance, on Facebook alone, videos receive 8 billion views a day.
Within a few years after being launched, these short video-sharing apps have not only gained immense popularity but also in today’s modern-day tech-based era, the video marketing trend is going to science greater heights. Moreover, individuals prefer to watch more videos from brands. In fact, this has been proven through research findings that 86% enjoy watching videos to satiate their curiosity.
The Rise Of Short Video Apps
Influencers create compelling user-generated content, including time-lapse videos, GIFs, and long or short video clips using apps available online. Most popular social media video editing apps are usually available for both Android and iOS mobile devices and are easily downloadable.
More than 50 million Indians use short video apps like Moj to browse short videos. As a result, video-based e-commerce platforms like Hobo.Video are gaining popularity. In order to make video and photo editing much simpler there are many editing apps available.
For many small businesses, social media marketing can be a challenge especially when trying to mimic the viral content of a popular social media marketer. A compelling narrative plays a vital role while a social media video is being made since as humans, we innately understand good vs bad storytelling.
Short video apps proved to be a revolutionary move for both businesses and influencers. Today, in fact short-video applications like Moj are among the most used daily applications.
Benefits Of These Apps:
1. They give people new choices matching their fast-paced life. Most online advertisers put short-form video apps at the forefront of their marketing strategy,
2. It is a cost-effective way to engage and also communicate with customers.
3. These apps space has creative content, and today 7.2 out of 10 smartphone users have at least one short-video app with them.
4. Consumers today have a shorter attention span in these times of immediacy. They have a liking for fast channels, which provide sufficiently interesting data. This has proved to be an interesting inviting option for Chinese businesses, especially useful to start investing in short-video ads.
5. Short videos with fun and innovative content. Note that even just 15 seconds or fewer conveys brand messaging to a target audience in an impressive manner.
Businesses, as well as influencers, can both leverage this massive opportunity with more features (filters, stickers, etc.) and campaigns to keep the users stick around and maintain the excitement.
Generation Z and Millennials have a great fondness for these short video applications. Moreover, the users are allowed to dance, jump, lip-sync, and even create comedy skits with these short-video apps like Moj. They can also post them on video-based e-commerce platforms like Hobo.Video to make money.
Cause Behind The Growth Of Indian Apps:
Above all, the rising popularity of these Indian short video apps has been the result of the ongoing anti-China sentiment. Especially since the ban of 59 Chinese apps, including TikTok. In the year 2020, the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MEITY) had issued a release stating that
1. Under the provisions of Section 69 of the IT Act
2. Provisions of the IT rules 2008, 59 apps including TikTok, Shareit, etc. have been effectively banned for privacy and security concerns.
The centre of attention after this regulation was TikTok since it was one of the most popular apps with more than 200 million users in India.
As a result, a void was created in the short video space after the removal of TikTok from the Google Play Store and App Store that resulted in a lucrative opportunity for Indian apps.
One such app which has started gaining popularity is Moj.
Moj: The Indian Alternative
1. Moj had been developed by ShareChat, an Indian social media platform developed by Mohalla Tech Private Limited in 2015. It is founded by Ankush Sachdeva, Bhanu Pratap Singh, and Farid Ahsan.
2. ShareChat has over a whopping 60 million monthly active users who speak at least 15 Indian languages.
3. Similar to other social media, one can also earn money from the short video-making app Moj depending upon the number of likes and followers.
4. The Moj app is currently available in 15 languages including English, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Malayalam, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Odia, Bhojpuri, Assamese, Rajasthani, Haryanvi, and Urdu.
5. The videos on the Moj app are capped at a time limit of 15 seconds. (Screenshot)
6. The app allows creators to make a variety of short videos such as normal videos, lip sync videos, special effect videos, and more.
7. Many genres on the platform include Beauty, Dance, lip-sync, singing, tech, jokes, trick, challenge, cooking, comedy, Bollywood, and fashion-style.
8. It has a number of special effects, stickers, and emoticons for creators to use. It also allows them to edit videos on the go using the in-app basic editor.
Follow A Creator Through:
1. Liking the video
2. Commenting on the video
3. Option to share the video
4. Option to view similar videos having the same track.
5. Right below the video, there are control options such as the search for creators or videos, video upload, notifications, and an option to customise your profile.
6. Provide the users options to add stickers, emoticons, filters, and more.
How To Earn Money On Moj
Firstly, promotion is one of the best ways to earn money on the Moj app. By promoting the brands having likes and many followers for the videos it will attract brands attention towards the influencer likewise the brand can engage the influencer for promoting the brand for them.
The most important aspect of sponsorship is that it gives an opportunity to use and experience the product/ service without having to spend for it.
The experience sharing and the feature explanation video can help an individual to have a good number of followers which further gives an opportunity to earn money on the Moj app.
3. Affiliate Marketing
Another way to earn money on the Moj app is affiliate marketing where one can earn by telling about a product in the video or by using an affiliate link on how to use a product. Creators can also earn via revenue sharing format at Hobo.Video, a video-based e-commerce platform. Also, check out how to earn on Moj via Hobo Video here.
If one has more followers on the Moj app, then with the help of this app, the same set of followers can be invited to follow other social media accounts like Instagram, YouTube, etc.
Collaborating with small video creators also gives an opportunity to get video content created from them and further promote the same on one’s own accounts. Also, read this to land a perfect collaboration.
Aims And Objectives:
Moj has stated that, it will focus on building and expanding the creator ecosystem while using artificial intelligence and machine learning.
It aims to encourage and grow high-quality talent by offering creators all kinds of assistance such as workshops, training with an aim to help them succeed on the platform.
It is investing to further offer new tools to help creators develop content and engage audiences across the country. The company is also planning to collaborate with various music labels with an aim to expand its library.
For instance, according to a recent study by Animoto, about 76 percent of small businesses have stated that they have achieved a quantifiable result from the video content created by them. Moreover, informal pieces of information from places like Facebook and Twitter suggest that every single platform is integrating video into their application today. So that’s not the question. Video still reigns.
Question To Ponder Over:
1. What should one put in videos?
2. How long should they be?
In the attention economy, less is more since the audiences are responding to this. 53 percent of videos that are 90 seconds or less are watched to completion, which means that over 50 percent of people who are watching videos that are 90 seconds or less end up watching the whole video since the attention spans are now, less than even seven seconds.
But when we compare that to videos having a time duration of 30 minutes or more, and you’re only getting a 10 percent completion rate. So if one wants people to watch your videos, shorter is better. Short-form videos and short video-making apps such as Moj and video-based e-commerce platforms such as Hobo.Video are the future. Also, if you’re interested, check out how to make money on similar apps like Josh, MX Takatak, Roposo, Mitron, and Chingari.